HealthPlan Holdings, Inc. (HPHI) and its subsidiaries are third party administrators that act on behalf of covered entities. In doing so, HPHI is sensitive to your concerns about privacy. The law defines your personal information, referred to in this document as “your health information,” “protected health information” or “PHI”, as individually identifiable health information on the physical or mental condition of an individual that is transmitted or maintained in any form or medium. This includes facts about the provision of and payment for health care service for individuals. This personal information is covered by federal and state privacy rules. This Notice is intended to help you understand how we treat the personal information that we obtain from you or other sources, including your health plan, its business associates, agents or subcontractors, in the course of providing you with our products and services. When you are conducting business with HPHI or one of its subsidiaries, you can have confidence that we respect your privacy and that we will protect information that we may obtain about you.
• We have established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
• All personnel within HPHI are trained on the importance of protecting your personal information.
• We require any persons or businesses that provide services on our behalf to keep your personal information confidential and to use and disclose it only to provide the services we have asked them to perform.
• We do not sell your personal information.
• We may share your personal information, in limited situations, with persons, companies, or organizations outside of HPHI or one of its subsidiaries that would use this information to contact you about their own products and services. However, HPHI will not do so if it has agreed otherwise with a covered entity and will obtain your consent (or your insurance carrier will) to do so if the communication is made in exchange for remuneration paid by a third party.
Although we perform payment and healthcare operations activities which require the use and disclosure of your personal information to properly administer your plan benefits, the law does not generally require us to seek your authorization for these purposes. However, there are instances that may require your authorization. Although we currently do not perform functions or services outside of payment and healthcare operations to do business, we have included within this Notice examples of when written authorization may be required from you. Other uses and disclosures that are not described in this Notice will be made only with your written authorization.